A nose job is a surgery performed on the nose to improve its function or change its shape. With the help of a skilled and qualified cosmetic surgeon, your nose can be refined, reshaped, and enhanced. There are several benefits of nose job surgery. A cosmetic surgeon can help you achieve one of the following:
Benefits of rhinoplasty surgery
- Restore symmetry to the nose following an accident
- Give the nostrils a new shape
- reduce in the bridge of the nose
- Correct functional problems
- Refine the size of a bulbous nasal tip
- Reduce the size of a nose that is too large
- Reduce the length of an over-protruding nasal tip
- Narrow a nose that is too wide for the face
Nose job surgery is one of the most popular cosmetic surgery among Charlotte, NC men, women, and teenagers, although cosmetic surgeons take precautions when dealing with younger patients. The nose must be well developed before performing nose job for boys and girls — typically around the age of 16 for boys and 14 for girls. For patients under the specified age, functional rhinoplasty can be performed if they are experiencing breathing difficultly.
Generally, rhinoplasty is performed under anesthesia, although some patients may prefer local anesthesia with intravenous sedation. Your nose may be placed in a splint to protect from accidental contact and helps support your newly reshaped nose. Your surgeon may also place a temporal packing inside your nostrils.